What is Discord App?
Discord App for Gamers is a voice and video calling chatting application for gamers. It offers the opportunity to run text and voice conversations, along with sending attachments in a variety of formats, including photos and videos. It comes with the latest advanced features used for gamers while they are in gameplay.
Discord is a powerful voice client that enables you to create a server (also called Discord servers ) and Discord Bots. DiscordBot is a chatbot application with the best features that are many chat applications is not used. Like Skype, the Discord messenger can send text messages and allows you to customize the list of friends. Like Teamspeak application it doesn’t consume Huge system resources. That’s why the program is popular among gamers and has already managed to gain a huge audience of fans.
So many searching for the Whats is Discord app and why Discord? (why it is) and How Discord is useful?. I give the little clarification in this post.
Discord is the Chat Application, you can chat with friends, Co-Gamers, family, and Business, for free. YES, DISCORD IS A FREE APPLICATION FOR WINDOWS, MAC, LINUX, ANDROID, AND IOS.
Discord App Features
it is completely free unlike Skype messenger, Gmail messenger, Teamspeak, live Messenger TeamSpeak. like in classic messengers, you can create a chat room or Chat Group in it and use group conversations. Discord has many advanced features that are very useful for Gamers as well as common Internet users.
Discord Chat App for Gamers is a program that can be very useful to online video game players. It used for communication in games and allows you to send both voice messages and text messages. Discord is a chat software designed especially for gamers.
If you interested in playing online games and you want to connect with other players for sharing the strategies about the game, you can use this software. All chat channels are available to players and you can communicate with them in a text or audio format. There is also the ability to share videos, pictures, and more. You can also organize and manage the channel by building it.
Some of the features of the discord app for both Windows, Mac, Linux, Android are
- Voice and text messenger: it is a voice and text messaging app that has the Advance features than normal chat messenger application.
- New and modern chat experience for gamers: Discord is obviously giving the best chat experience with a variety of Advance features. the app is not limiting as simple Voice chat App or Texting app. It offers more than a common chat application can.
- Multi-Tasking: A huge advantage of Discord on Windows is the ability to enable the overlay on the game. which will be visible all the time and allow quick access to the communicator functions. Unfortunately, this option is not available on Mac os. However, you can configure your own keyboard shortcuts to use the program and use them while playing.
- Support for web and mobile applications: Users can access it through the Web Browsers. It also available in versions Windows app, Mac App, android app. you can connect Discord from any device and many devices at once.
- Low load on the system: One of the Main and desired features of discord is it uses the Low system resources. When I tested Discord in voice call it uses only 12 to 15% of CPU whereas skype using 30 – 35% CPU resources. It is very noticeable that the Discord app uses low Cpu and System Resources.
- For gamers when Playing heavy games if they operate any other Voice chat application the game will become slow. Voice call is also disconnected due to greater system usage. in this situation, the discord app is a very great alternative for skype and other chatting applications.
- Protection from IP and DDoS-attacks: Security is also one of the factors for the popularity of the Discord app. it has both IP and DDOS protection from end to end-users.
- Easy Media Sharing: sharing video, image, the file is very easy in this application.
- Invite Friends through the Invite link: Discord users will normally provide an invite link to their followers and friends. using this link anyone can join the discord server. it is the simplest way to join a server. The Discord server is divided into text channels, and voice chat rooms.
- Groups and channels: this feature makes discord on top of the chart. you can manage groups and channels like Whatsapp Groups). you can join the groups and chat with your friends in the group. There are thousands of channels or Discord bots are available.
- Support for multiple servers: You can connect to the nearest servers to make fast connections between co-gamers. this helps you always connect your friends with fast connections.
- Discord Bots: The Discord bot is the addon functionality that will boost the user experience. you can various functions towards the servers by using the Discord Bot.
- Multi-device compatibility: Discord supports almost all devices you can use the discord with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android app. you can always connect with all devices at once.
- Complete Opensource: Many applications like Ventrilo, Teamspeak are offering both free services. whereas Discord is totally free and you can use it without any limitation.So that it is free to voice chat and text chat application for Gamers.
Discord app released all its versions for Windows, Mac Os, Linux, IOs, Android. Because of its popularity, the Discord.com supports many platforms to connect.
Discord For web :
One of the best Discord’s Advantages you can connect from the web browser also. This feature is very unique which separated this app from other chat platforms. You can simply connect to discord account from your Chrome Browser or Mozilla browser. you can get the full functionalities of discord services as same as discord app for windows, android, ios, Mac os, or Linux.
Download Discord app for windows from here. after downloading if you are the new user you should register to the new discord account. then you can connect to your co-gamers and friends from windows PC or laptop.
For Mac Download:
Download Discord app for Mac from here. if you have the account then you should log in to the account to use the application.
Discord App for Linux Os:
Users of Linux Os can download the Linux Discord app from here. For Linux users, it’s a great choice.
Download Discord app for Ios for Apple Mobile of Apple Ipad. the new users should signup. existing users can log in to the Discord account to connect with Friends and Gamers.
Discord app for Android:
Android Mobile users can download the Discord app for Android mobile. After downloading the app to your Android Mobiles of Android Tablets.
How to use Discord App?
To use Discord, you must create an account in the first step. You signup using an e-mail address this doesn’t have the option of signing in with your Facebook account. After completing the registration process you should verify the e-mail.
Right after the launch, the application prompts you to register a new account. To do this, you need to enter the E-Mail address and a username and password. It is not necessary to confirm the e-mail address. The developers provided a short guide to the main features.
To start communication, you need to create a server by clicking on the area with the image “+”. If you wish to expand the list of contacts, you need to click on the button “Add a friend”. Search for users is by a nickname or e-mail address.
The application ‘s main screen is for a list of contacts. It has four categories: Everyone, Accessible online, Pending invitations, and blocked users. on the upper right side of the screen, you will find an icon, which we can invite to your friends by clicking on.
Within this menu, we can also completely mute the sounds and configure the program. This program allows you to reduce noise, as well as suppress noise. We can also adjust the volume manually.
In Discord, you can talk to individual friends or in groups. send sound, as well as, for example, videos or photos in text messages. This makes the application a good alternative for those who are using Skype.
Bottom Line: The Discord developers claim that their client is better than Skype and Teamspeak. Of course, the popularity of Discord so far inferior to more famous utilities.